We are seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for allocating responsibilities and retaining the best people. Responsibilities include recruitment, screening, selection, evaluating, reporting, recognition & retention of volunteers.
The ultimate goal of the position is to ensure that Elder Options is staffed with the best and most reliable volunteers and that they are correctly utilized for the fulfilment of our mission. This is a full-time (40 hours weekly) position. A B.S./B.A. degree or 2-years of experience in volunteer coordination or management required.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, e-mail, social media, etc.)
- Screen and assign responsibilities to the right people for special events
- Collect information on availabilities and skills
- Arrange for appropriate training when needed
- Produce schedules for everyday activities
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for events
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
- Evaluate Volunteer activities
- Organize recognition events and activities for retention
- Produce detailed reports on volunteer activities
- Experience in quality assurance
- Experience organizing recognition events or activities
- Experience in volunteer coordination/management
- Experience in recruiting volunteers
- Experience working with databases and MS Office (preferably Excel)
- Able to network and communicate effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Excellent organizational and team-building skills
Excellent benefits. ADA/EOE. Level 2 background screening and motor vehicle record check required. Requires frequent travel within 16-county service area (mileage reimbursement at .445 per mile).
Fiscal Compliance Specialist
This full-time position provides financial and clerical support to agency’s major financial accounting areas. Responsibilities include purchasing for the agency which includes monitoring of supplies, credit card receipt reconciliation, delivery/distribution, and vehicle coordination; financial reporting; assist Fiscal Compliance Coordinator with monitoring of providers/programs; batching preparation; verification of check/journal/ timesheets/leave/travel; data entry to logs; assisting with meeting coordination including set-up, purchasing refreshments, and clean up; preparing reports, surveys, and related correspondence; maintaining filing system, and general clerical support.
Applicant must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to function independently and as a member of the team. Computer literacy required with experience in Excel and Word.
Requires AA/AS degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, plus two years of experience; or four years related experience; or equivalent combination of experience and training.
Benefit package includes the following: Medical/Dental/Life/LTD on the 1st following 60 days of employment. Retirement is contributed on the first payroll after completion of 1 year employment.
ADA/EOE. Level 2 background screening required.
Career Center Link:
To apply, click below, and select the desired position:
If you have questions, or need to apply using an alternate method, contact Cindy Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 692-5260. Elder Options, Inc., is located at 100 SW 75th Street, Suite 301, Gainesville, FL 32607.