Counselors will link seniors and caregivers to community resources
“I am writing to your department to commend Annette for her assistance in helping me apply for Medicaid for my 92 year old mother. While the application process seemed daunting at best, Annette was consistently helpful and genuinely concerned. I cannot express to you how grateful I am for her help.”
–Testimony from a satisfied consumer
Options and Medicaid Benefits Counselors provide counseling and screening for seniors, caregivers, and families as the single entry point for accessing a variety of programs designed to provide supports for seniors seeking assistance in the community or at home.
You may speak with a knowledgeable Counselor in order to gather more information about the help that is available; receive information about qualifying for assistance and, in some cases, begin the eligibility process. Counselors will provide over the telephone screening for programs that will link seniors and their caregivers to supports in the community.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO RECEIVE FROM TALKING WITH A TRAINED BENEFITS COUNSELOR?
- Information and education to assist you and your family to make choices about in-home and long term care programs and services
- Information about the alternatives to nursing home facilities, when other options are possible
- Information will be gathered about informal and family supports, and financial circumstances in order to provide unbiased support and counseling
- Screening for publicly funded programs and help you or a loved one to qualify for help in the home or in community settings, like assisted living facilities
HOW DO I CONTACT AN OPTIONS OR BENEFITS COUNSELOR TO GET STARTED?
- You may call 1-800-96-ELDER
- You may email firstname.lastname@example.org