FLORIDA SILVER ALERT
Florida’s Silver Alert is a plan to assist law enforcement in rescuing elderly persons with Alzheimer’s Disease or a related disorder who is driving a car and becomes lost. The public is informed about the missing person with lighted message signs on the highway.
When the missing senior is located and returned safely home, the family is connected to one of Florida’s Memory Disorder Clinics and Elder Helpline for information on services and programs available to them to assist in caring for their loved one.
For more information visit: www.floridasilveralert.com
Or call the Florida Silver Alert Information Line at: (877) 404-7458
If your senior loved one with alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder is missing, call 911 or your local law enforcement agency immediately.
- Elder Hostel: www.elderhostel.org
- Institute for Learning in Retirement: www.ILRatoakhammock.org
- Prime Time Institute: www.primetimeinstitute.org
- Elder Update: http://elderaffairs.state.fl.us/doea/elder_update.php
- Health Facility and Agency Finder: www.floridahealthfinder.gov
JOB PLACEMENT & TRAINING
- CareerOneStop: www.careeronestop.org
- Employ Florida Marketplace Silver Edition: employflorida.com/portals/silver/
- Senior Job Bank: www.seniorjobbank.org
- Vocational Rehabilitation: www.rehabworks.org
- Senior Community Service Employment Program: elderaffairs.state.fl.us/doea/scsep.php//
- Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida:www.clsmf.org
- Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service: www.flabar.org
- Florida Senior Legal Helpline: www.bals.org
- National Legal Resource Center: https://nlrc.acl.gov/index.aspx#elder_abuse
- Three Rivers Legal Services: www.trls.org
- To apply for Medicaid on-line: www.myflorida.com/accessflorida
- Apply for Medicare or compare Medicare drug or health plans: www.medicare.gov
- Medicare Supplement Rate Search for Florida: http://medicare.gov/find-a-plan/questions/medigap-home.aspx
- Driver Assessment: Independence Drive: www.independencedrive.phhp.ufl.edu
- Find transportation in your area
Florida Senior Safety Resource Centers: www.fssrc.phhp.ufl.edu
Safe Mobility for Life: www.safeandmobileseniors.org
- Florida Veterans Electronic Newsletter: www.floridavets.org
If you need additional assistance in finding resources to assist you, please contact our Elder Helpline at 1-800-96-ELDER/800-963-5337.